- •Argan oil has an interesting composition.
- •We studied the effects of argan oil on obesity.
- •Argan oil reduced high fat diet-induced noxious effects.
- •Argan oil might be used in conjunction with healthy lifestyle.
Background and Aim
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases
- Oxidative stress and potential interventions to reduce oxidative stress in overweight and obesity.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2007; 9: 813-839
- Biochemical study of oxidative stress markers in the liver, kidney and heart of high fat diet induced obesity in rats.Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2011; 3: 17
- Nutritional support in the pharmacological treatment of metabolic syndrome.Eur J Pharmacol. 2011; 668: S43-S49
- Argan oil improves surrogate markers of CVD in humans.Br J Nutr. 2012; 107: 1800-1805
- Should the amazigh diet (regular and moderate argan-oil consumption) have a beneficial impact on human health?.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2010; 50: 473-477
- Phenolic-extract from argan oil (Argania spinosa L.) inhibits human low-density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation and enhances cholesterol efflux from human THP-1 macrophages.Atherosclerosis. 2006; 184: 389-396
- Consumption of argan oil may have an antiatherogenic effect by improving paraoxonase activities and antioxidant status: Intervention study in healthy men.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2005; 15: 352-360
- Fish oil and argan oil intake differently modulate insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in a rat model of dietary-induced obesity.Metabolism. 2009; 58: 909-919
- Insulin-sensitizing and anti-proliferative effects of Argania spinosa seed extracts.Evid Based Complement Altern Med. 2006; 3: 317-327
- Antithrombotic activity of argan oil: an in vivo experimental study.Nutrition. 2012; 28: 937-941
- Adipogenesis and obesity: rounding out the big picture.Cell. 1996; 87: 377-389
- Leptin and soluble leptin receptor levels in obese and weight-losing individuals.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 1708-1716
- Leptin and coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 233: 3-10
- Triglycerides and cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 2292-2333
- Evidence of hypolipemiant and antioxidant properties of argan oil derived from the argan tree (Argania spinosa).Clin Nutr. 2004; 23: 1159-1166
- Mediterranean food and health: building human evidence.J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005; 56: 37-49
- Lowering dietary linoleic acid reduces bioactive oxidized linoleic acid metabolites in humans.Prostagl Leukot Essent Fat Acids. 2012; 87: 135-141
- Fatty acid-induced changes in vascular reactivity in healthy adult rats.Metabolism. 2005; 54: 1600-1609
- Consumption of argan oil (Morocco) with its unique profile of fatty acids, tocopherols, squalene, sterols and phenolic compounds should confer valuable cancer chemopreventive effects.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2003; 12: 67-75
- Phytosterols and cardiovascular health.Pharmacol Res. 2010; 61: 193-199
- Weight gain induced by high-fat feeding involves increased liver oxidative stress.Obes (Silver Spring). 2006; 14: 1118-1123
- Biomarkers and potential mechanisms of obesity-induced oxidant stress in humans.Int J Obes. 2006; 30: 400-418
- Oxidative mechanisms and atherothrombotic cardiovascular disease.Drug Discov Today Ther Strateg. 2008; 5: 5-13
- Increased oxidative stress and hypozincemia in male obesity.Clin Biochem. 2002; 35: 627-631
- Evaluation of oxidative stress and total antioxidant capacity in women with general and abdominal adiposity.Obes Res Clin Pract. 2010; 4: e163-246
- Oxidative stress is associated with adiposity and insulin resistance in men.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 4673-4676
- Mitochondrial DNA shifting in older adults following resistance exercise training.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2009; 34: 348-354
- Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids may account for higher low-density lipoprotein oxidation susceptibility in Lithuanian compared to Swedish men.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2002; 62: 307-314
- Polyphenols and human health: a prospectus.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2011; 51: 524-546
- The effect of argan oil on heart function during ischemia and reperfusion.Therapie. 2002; 57: 246-252