- •Glucose levels were positively associated with urinary albumin-to-creatinine ratio.
- •Prediabetes is associated with higher urinary albumin-to-creatinine ratio.
- •Prediabetes is associated lower estimated glomerular filtration rate.
- •Prediabetes increases the chances for chronic kidney disease.
Background and Aims
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases
- The global burden of chronic kidney disease: how valid are the estimates?.Nephron Clin Pract. 2008; 110 (discussion c7): c39-46
- The future burden of CKD in the United States: a simulation model for the CDC CKD Initiative.Am J Kidney Dis. 2015; 65: 403-411
- Chronic kidney disease.Lancet. 2012; 379: 165-180
- Association between prediabetes and risk of chronic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabet Med. 2016; 33: 1615-1624
- Heart disease and stroke Statistics-2016 update: a report from the American Heart association.Circulation. 2016; 133: e38-e360
- Regional differences of undiagnosed type 2 diabetes and prediabetes prevalence are not explained by known risk factors.PLos One. 2014; 9e113154
- High prevalence of undiagnosed diabetes mellitus in Southern Germany: target populations for efficient screening. The KORA survey 2000.Diabetologia. 2003; 46: 182-189
- 2. Classification and diagnosis of diabetes.Diabet Care. 2017; 40: S11-S24
- Association of subclinical inflammation with deterioration of glycaemia before the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes: the KORA S4/F4 study.Diabetologia. 2015; 58: 2269-2277
- Biomarkers of iron metabolism are independently associated with impaired glucose metabolism and type 2 diabetes: the KORA F4 study.Eur J Endocrinol. 2015; 173: 643-653
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- The definition, classification, and prognosis of chronic kidney disease: a KDIGO Controversies Conference report.Kidney Int. 2011; 80: 17-28
- Quantile regression.Cambridge University Press, New York2005
- Handling drop-out in longitudinal studies.Stat Med. 2004; 23: 1455-1497
- Multivariable regression model building by using fractional polynomials: description of SAS, STATA and R programs.Comput Stat Data Anal. 2006; 50: 3464-3485
- Longitudinal association of glycemia and microalbuminuria: the Framingham Offspring study.Diabet Care. 2002; 25: 977-983
- A comparison of urinary albumin excretion rate and microalbuminuria in various glucose tolerance subjects.Diabet Med. 2005; 22: 332-335
- Fasting blood glucose, but not 2-h postload blood glucose or HbA1c, is associated with mild decline in estimated glomerular filtration rate in healthy Chinese.Int Urol Nephrol. 2015; 47: 147-152
- Glycemic status and development of kidney disease: the Framingham Heart Study.Diabet Care. 2005; 28: 2436-2440
- Metabolic syndrome and the development of CKD in American Indians: the Strong Heart study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2008; 51: 21-28