- •MicroRNAs (miRNA) affect the diastolic and systolic function of T2DM.
- •MiR-133a-1 rs8089787 and let-7f rs10877887 associated with cardiac diastolic dysfunction.
- •The impaired diastolic function was reflected as increased LAVI, decreased mean E′ and increased E/E’.
- •The findings may be a promising therapeutic targets for preventing diastolic dysfunction in T2DM subjects.
Background and aims
Methods and results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus and heart failure: A scientific statement from the American heart Association and the heart failure society of America: this statement does not represent an update of the 2017 ACC/AHA/HFSA heart failure guideline update.Circulation. 2019; 140: e294-e324
- Cardiac miR-133a overexpression prevents early cardiac fibrosis in diabetes.J Cell Mol Med. 2014; 18: 415-421
- The role of cyclic AMP signaling in cardiac fibrosis.Cells. 2019; 9: 69
- The impact of cardiac lipotoxicity on cardiac function and mirnas signature in obese and non-obese rats with myocardial infarction.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 444
- Loss of microRNA-27a induces cardiac dysfunction through activating FoxO1.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2019; 23: 5941-5948
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of mir-133a-1 and in pre-mir-152 rs1707 may contribute to the risk of asthma in a Chinese Han population.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016; 20: 2642-2649
- A heterozygous variant in the human cardiac miR-133 gene, MIR133A2, alters miRNA duplex processing and strand abundance.BMC Genet. 2013; 14: 18
- An rs13293512 polymorphism in the promoter of let-7 is associated with a reduced risk of ischemic stroke.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2016; 42: 610-615
- Let-7 related genetic variation and risk of metabolic syndrome in a Chinese population.Endocr J. 2015; 62: 887-896
- Rs13293512 polymorphism located in the promoter region of let-7 is associated with increased risk of radiation enteritis in colorectal cancer.J Cell Biochem. 2018; 119: 6535-6544
- Association between genetic polymorphisms in the promoters of let-7 and risk of cervical squamous cell carcinoma.Gene. 2018; 642: 256-260
- The association between pre-miR-27a rs895819 polymorphism and myocardial infarction risk in a Chinese Han population.Lipids Health Dis. 2018; 17: 7
- The pre-mir-27a variant rs895819 may contribute to type 2 diabetes mellitus susceptibility in an Iranian cohort.J Endocrinol Invest. 2016; 39: 1187-1193
- Hyperglycemic myocardial damage is mediated by proinflammatory cytokine: macrophage migration inhibitory factor.PLoS One. 2011; 6e16239
- Diabetes upregulates oxidative stress and downregulates cardiac protection to exacerbate myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats.Antioxidants. 2020; 9: 679
- Cellular, mitochondrial and molecular alterations associate with early left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in a porcine model of diabetic metabolic derangement.Sci Rep. 2020; 1013173
- Relationship between downregulation of miRNAs and increase of oxidative stress in the development of diabetic cardiac dysfunction: junctin as a target protein of miR-1.Cell Biochem Biophys. 2013; 67: 1397-1408
- MicroRNA-133a regulates DNA methylation in diabetic cardiomyocytes.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012; 425: 668-672
- Blood-based analysis of 84 microRNAs identifies molecules deregulated in individuals with type-2 diabetes, risk factors for the disease or metabolic syndrome.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2020; 164108187
- Myocardial steatosis is an independent predictor of diastolic dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitus.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 1793-1799