- •In patients with chronic stable HFrEF, there is evidence of an obesity paradox.
- •The prognostic impact of weight change was analysed using fractional polynomials.
- •Long-term prognosis is best in patients with higher BMI and a gradual weight gain of 5%.
- •Mortality steadily increases with increasing weight loss.
- •Any weight loss my be suspicious for cardiac cachexia.
Background and Aims
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'