- •Subjects affected by severe obesity have a significant increase in aortic stiffness. .
- •Diastolic diameter and WCSA of small conduit arteries are higher in subjects affected by severe obesity than normal weight controls, showing an outward remodeling.
- •Subjects with severe obesity show a reduction in the elasticity parameters of the small conduit arteries.
- •In obese patients, insulin resistance is a predictor of distensibility coefficient in interdigital arteries.
Background and aims
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'