- •Mediterranean diet improves HDL functionality, assessed as cholesterol efflux capacity (CEC), better than vegetarian diet.
- •Mediterranean diet is more effective than vegetarian diet on inflammatory biomarker.
- •A positive correlation was seen between the ABCA1-mediated CEC and plasma adiponectin concentration.
- •Mediterranean diet could be considered a better therapeutic strategy for cardiovascular prevention than vegetarian diet.
Background and Aim
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'