- •Disordered eating, including insulin restriction, is prevalent in type 1 diabetes.
- •Disordered eating can deplete beneficial gut microbes and their metabolites.
- •Disordered eating was associated with reduced Anaerostipes.
- •Insulin restriction was associated with reduced Lachnospira.
- •Future longitudinal studies should confirm these associations in type 1 diabetes.
Background and Aims
Methods and Results
Abbreviations:T1D (type 1 diabetes), BMI (body mass index), SCFA (short-chain fatty acids), ACT1ON (Advancing Care for Type 1 Diabetes and Obesity Network), SD (standard deviation), Q1 (quartile 1), Q3 (quartile 3), HbA1c (hemoglobin A1c), DEPS-R (Diabetes Eating Problem Survey, Revised)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'